Thank you for your interest in the #CapitalWalls Mural Program. We are continually looking for a diverse range of talented and passionate artists for mural painting and teaching opportunities in and around the Capital Region. We work to inspire our community with uplifting, educational, or thought-provoking works of public art.
The first step to becoming a muralist with #CapitalWalls is to submit your relevant experience and samples of your artwork. We will review these submissions as they are received, but to ensure your application is reviewed in a timely manner, please submit by March 5, 2022. However, this call is open year round for submissions. Strong applicants will be placed in a pool to be considered for future mural commissions and public art projects. It is free to submit. You must be 18+ years old due to necessary insurance.
If you are interested in designing and completing public art projects, or if you are an artist that would like to assist in bringing these murals to life, please submit the following:
- Complete the form below
- Upload a resume/CV/portfolio (optional)
- Upload up to 10 digital image samples of your artwork
- The following naming conventions should be used for your digital images: your last name, first initial of your first name, number 01 through 10, and then the .jpg extension (ex. smithj-0l.jpg)
- Submit a range that you feel best showcases your abilities
We look forward to receiving your submission and the chance to work with you to benefit our local community! If you have any questions about the program or with submitting, please email email@example.com
Visit albanycentergallery.org/capitalwalls to read more about the #CapitalWalls and see the murals in the program.
Some additional details to consider, if selected for the program:
- You will be compensated! This is a paid gig. The exact amount will be determined based on your artist’s rate and the budget for the specific project. Cost of supplies will be a separate expense that the artist is NOT responsible for.
- Depending which wall you are paired with, you may have to operate a lift, and be up in the air on a moving lift while painting. If you are uncomfortable with heights, please be honest. You need to be able to create!
- Please keep in mind that painting a mural can be very physically demanding due to size, outdoor elements, and surface textures.