Albany Center Gallery is accepting submissions for future exhibitions and is inviting local and regional artists who live within 100 miles radius of Albany, NY to submit their work for consideration. This call is free and open to the public.
All mediums welcome; artists at all stages in their art career are invited to submit. Submissions are considered for solo and group exhibitions. Albany Center Gallery accepts proposals throughout the year. The deadline for submissions to be considered for the 2022/2023 exhibition cycle is January 6, 2022, by 11:59 p.m.. ACG will continue to accept submissions after is January 6, 2022, by 11:59 p.m., to be considered for exhibitions in 2022 and beyond. If you are submitting past the deadline of January 6, 2022, we will keep your submission for review with our committee for our 2023/2024 cycle.
Eligibility: Anyone living within 100 miles of Albany, NY can submit a proposal. Artists should bear in mind the need for a consistent and strong body of work when submitting. Artists may submit multiple bodies of work in up to 3 separate submissions. Selected artists must exhibit work consistent with the images and proposals shown in their application.
Media/Genre, etc: Open to all traditional and non-traditional genre and media.
Jury and Curation: ACG’s selection process involves a two-part system. Most exhibits are juried by ACG’s Exhibit Committee, which is a 6-10 member panel of professional, academic advisors and artists with a broad range of expertise. The Exhibit Committee then passes along their recommendations to the ACG's curatorial staff who will make the final selections from the feedback received. Solo proposals are handled in a similar way. While artists may provide a specific goal for an exhibit, the final selection and layout of works will be determined by ACG.
Commission: Works that sell while on exhibit at ACG are subject to a 25% commission, artist retains 75%. Please take this into consideration when assigning artwork prices.
- All media are welcome (painting, photography, sculpture, installations, etc.)
- Submit up to 12 images that accurately represent your body of work.
- Do not exceed 30 seconds for Quicktime video clips.
- Images should be no smaller than 72 dpi or bigger than 300 dpi and should not exceed 10 MB per file.
- Save all files as Lastname_Firstname_Title_Dimensions. If the submission file of artwork isn't saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
Additional required documents:
- Exhibition list outlining each artwork submitted with title, medium, size, year, and price (including 25% commission)
- Resume or CV
- Artist statement
- Artist biography
- All submissions must be sent through Submittable.com. You will need to create an account with Submittable in order to submit.
- No email submissions will be accepted.
Only complete proposals that adhere to the ACG’s submission guidelines will be considered.