Albany Center Gallery is accepting submissions for future exhibitions and is inviting local, regional and international artists who live within 100 miles radius of Albany, NY to submit their work for consideration.
All mediums welcome; artists at all stages in their art career are invited to submit. Submissions are considered for solo and group exhibitions. Albany Center Gallery accepts proposals throughout the year. The deadline for submissions to be considered for the 2018-2019 exhibition cycle is September 1, 2017. ACG will continue to accept submissions after September 1 will be considered for exhibitions in 2020 and beyond.
Eligibility: Anyone living within 100 miles of Albany, NY can submit a proposal. Artists should bear in mind the need for a consistent and strong body of work when submitting. Selected artists must exhibit work consistent with the images and proposals shown in their application.
Media/Genre, etc: Open to all traditional and non-traditional genre and media.
Jury and Curation: ACG’s selection process involves a two-part system. Most exhibits are juried by ACG’s Exhibit Committee, which is a 6-10 member panel of professional, academic advisors and artists with a broad range of expertise. The Exhibit Committee then passes along their recommendations to the Executive Director who will make the final selections from the feedback received. Solo proposals are handled in a similar way. While artists may provide a specific goal for an exhibit, the final selection and layout of works will be determined by ACG.
Commission: Works that sell while on exhibit at ACG are subject to a 25% commission, artist retains 75%. Please take this into consideration when assigning artwork prices.
- All mediums are welcome (painting, photography, sculpture, etc.)
- Submit up to 12 images that accurately represent your body of work.
- Do not exceed 30 seconds for Quicktime video clips.
- Images should be no smaller than 72 dpi or bigger than 300 dpi and should not exceed 10 MB per file.
- Save images as Lastname_Firstname_Title. If the submission file of artwork isn't saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
- Additional required documents:
Exhibition list with title, medium, size, year, and price (including 25% commission)
Resume or CV
- All submissions must be sent through Submittable.com. You will need to create an account with Submittable in order to submit.
- No email submissions will be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions to be considered for the 2018-2019 exhibition cycle is July 31, 2017. We will continue to accept submissions after that date, which will be considered for exhibitions in 2020 and beyond.
Only complete proposals that adhere to the ACG’s submission guidelines will be considered.