Albany Center Gallery is a non-profit art space dedicated to exhibiting skillful contemporary art of the Mohawk Hudson region, and building a strong, knowledgeable audience for the visual arts. We are a community-based and community supported organization. Albany Center Gallery is supported by city, state, corporate and foundation funds, as well as fundraisers, individual donations and memberships.
The mission of Albany Center Gallery is to promote and exhibit contemporary visual art produced by emerging and established artists living primarily in the region and to inspire interest and provide enjoyment to an increasingly diverse audience.
As Albany Center Gallery (ACG) approaches its 41st year, the Members' Show focuses on the importance of local and regional artists that live and create work within 100 miles of Albany. The Members' Show will be held from Friday, December 15, 2017 to Friday, January 12, 2018. The Opening Reception will be held on Friday, December 15, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. We will be awarding “Best in Show,” a cash prize of $250, along with other prizes and awards.
ACG’s Members' Show highlights and recognizes a wide range of talented members, bringing together a dynamic cross-section of artists, diverse in medium and degree of establishment. Members range from student and emerging artists to established and international artists, from painters and photographers to sculptors and mixed media artists. ACG sees this show as an opportunity for exposure, promotion, and appreciation of all who have invested their time and energy in making our gallery what it is today.
We invite you to be part of our Members’ Show! Please follow the submission guidelines listed below.
- You must have an active ACG membership. Not a member or need to renew? Visit www.albanycentergallery.org/membership to join!
- Submit one ready-to-hang work of art - all 2-dimensional drawings and works on paper must be framed and ready to hang with a wire or sawtooth hanger at the time of drop-off.
- Any medium accepted (2D, 3D or digital). All media is eligible for entry, excluding work previously shown at Albany Center Gallery.
- Size limitation: 30” x 30 " x 30" (including mat and frame) (Sculpture artists, please contact the gallery if you have concerns with sizing)
- All works must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, title, email address and phone number.
- Any work that does not meet these guidelines will not be accepted. The Arts Center retains the right to refuse work that is deemed unsuitable (i.e., hanging devices, content, size, etc).
- Artwork Drop-off: Artwork must be delivered to ACG on Tuesday, December 5, between noon and 6 p.m. Artist should submit artwork information online via Submittable by Monday, December 5 at 11:59 p.m..
- Artwork Pick-up: Artwork must be picked up on Saturday, January 13 between noon and 5 p.m. Artwork left longer than 30 days after the closing of the show will become the property of the Albany Center Gallery.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Tony Iadicicco at (518) 462-4775 or by email at email@example.com.
By completing this form electronically, I confirm that I have read and agree to the outlined terms and agreements.
Please submit image samples of the goods you have available for consignment at The Store, along with the title, medium, wholesale price, retail price, a brief description of the item, and quantity available. Please also include a short biography and artist statement.
If you have any questions, please contact Tony Iadicicco at (518) 462-4775 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
All mediums welcome; artists at all stages in their art career are invited to submit. Submissions are considered for solo and group exhibitions. Albany Center Gallery accepts proposals throughout the year. The deadline for submissions to be considered for the 2018-2019 exhibition cycle is September 1, 2017. ACG will continue to accept submissions after September 1 will be considered for exhibitions in 2020 and beyond.
Eligibility: Anyone living within 100 miles of Albany, NY can submit a proposal. Artists should bear in mind the need for a consistent and strong body of work when submitting. Selected artists must exhibit work consistent with the images and proposals shown in their application.
Media/Genre, etc: Open to all traditional and non-traditional genre and media.
Jury and Curation: ACG’s selection process involves a two-part system. Most exhibits are juried by ACG’s Exhibit Committee, which is a 6-10 member panel of professional, academic advisors and artists with a broad range of expertise. The Exhibit Committee then passes along their recommendations to the Executive Director who will make the final selections from the feedback received. Solo proposals are handled in a similar way. While artists may provide a specific goal for an exhibit, the final selection and layout of works will be determined by ACG.
Commission: Works that sell while on exhibit at ACG are subject to a 25% commission, artist retains 75%. Please take this into consideration when assigning artwork prices.
- All mediums are welcome (painting, photography, sculpture, etc.)
- Submit up to 12 images that accurately represent your body of work.
- Do not exceed 30 seconds for Quicktime video clips.
- Images should be no smaller than 72 dpi or bigger than 300 dpi and should not exceed 10 MB per file.
- Save images as Lastname_Firstname_Title. If the submission file of artwork isn't saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
- Additional required documents:
Exhibition list with title, medium, size, year, and price (including 25% commission)
Resume or CV
- All submissions must be sent through Submittable.com. You will need to create an account with Submittable in order to submit.
- No email submissions will be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions to be considered for the 2018-2019 exhibition cycle is July 31, 2017. We will continue to accept submissions after that date, which will be considered for exhibitions in 2020 and beyond.
Only complete proposals that adhere to the ACG’s submission guidelines will be considered.