Albany Center Gallery is a non-profit art space dedicated to exhibiting skillful contemporary art of the Mohawk Hudson region, and building a strong, knowledgeable audience for the visual arts. We are a community-based and community supported organization. Albany Center Gallery is supported by city, state, corporate and foundation funds, as well as fundraisers, individual donations and memberships.
The mission of Albany Center Gallery is to promote and exhibit contemporary visual art produced by emerging and established artists living primarily in the region and to inspire interest and provide enjoyment to an increasingly diverse audience.
Albany Center Gallery is looking to connect with talented local artists for consideration in upcoming pop-ups and art rentals. ACG's art rental program seeks to match up local artists with businesses, organizations, and individuals looking to rent artwork. By facilitating art rentals, we hope to beautify public spaces, help businesses and homeowners customize their spaces, and promote our area's rich assortment of artists.
To be considered for future art rental opportunities, please submit the following information:
- Requested personal information
- Brief artist statement
- Attach images of 5-10 artwork samples that you would be willing to rent out
- Include the pertinent information for the respective artwork samples
Please note, your submission does not guarantee that your work will be selected for an art rental.
Thank you for your interest in our #CapitalWalls Mural Program. We are continually looking for a diverse range of talented and passionate artists for mural painting and teaching opportunities in and around the Capital Region. We are seeking to inspire our community with uplifting, educational, or thought-provoking works of public art.
The first step to becoming a muralist with #CapitalWalls is to submit your resume, experience and samples of your artwork. We will review these submissions in October; the next application deadline is September 30, 2019. Strong applicants will be placed in a pool to be considered for future mural commissions and public art projects. We also use this form for our Mural Apprentice/Volunteer Program.
If you are interested in designing and completing public art projects, or if you are an artist that would like to assist in bringing these murals to life, please submit the following:
- Complete the form below
- Upload your current resume
- Upload up to 10 digital image samples of your artwork
- The following naming conventions should be used for your digital images: your last name, first initial of your first name, number 01 through 10, and then the .jpg extension (ex. smithj-0l.jpg)
ACG looks forward to receiving your submission and the chance to work with you to benefit our local community!
Albany Center Gallery's ongoing #CapitalWalls project seeks to inspire our community with uplifting, educational, or thought-provoking works of public art. ACG is seeking new buildings, ramps, and walls in the local area to function as canvasses for future mural projects. Please complete this form if you have a suggestion for a wall or space that could be enhanced by a work of public art.
The location for a new mural is important for the project as a whole; a mural's location will affect the identity of the mural, as well as how members of our community interact with it. Chosen mural locations will be matched with muralists and their project ideas to make the greatest impact on our surrounding community.
Please submit image samples of the goods you have available for consignment at The Store, along with the title, medium, wholesale price, retail price, a brief description of the item, and quantity available. Please also include a short biography and artist statement.
If you have any questions, please contact Tony Iadicicco at (518) 462-4775 or at email@example.com
Albany Center Gallery is accepting submissions for future exhibitions and is inviting local and regional artists who live within 100 miles radius of Albany, NY to submit their work for consideration.
All mediums welcome; artists at all stages in their art career are invited to submit. Submissions are considered for solo and group exhibitions. Albany Center Gallery accepts proposals throughout the year. The deadline for submissions to be considered for the 2020 exhibition cycle is September 1, 2019. ACG will continue to accept submissions after September 1 will be considered for exhibitions in 2020 and beyond.
Eligibility: Anyone living within 100 miles of Albany, NY can submit a proposal. Artists should bear in mind the need for a consistent and strong body of work when submitting. Selected artists must exhibit work consistent with the images and proposals shown in their application.
Media/Genre, etc: Open to all traditional and non-traditional genre and media.
Jury and Curation: ACG’s selection process involves a two-part system. Most exhibits are juried by ACG’s Exhibit Committee, which is a 6-10 member panel of professional, academic advisors and artists with a broad range of expertise. The Exhibit Committee then passes along their recommendations to the Executive Director who will make the final selections from the feedback received. Solo proposals are handled in a similar way. While artists may provide a specific goal for an exhibit, the final selection and layout of works will be determined by ACG.
Commission: Works that sell while on exhibit at ACG are subject to a 25% commission, artist retains 75%. Please take this into consideration when assigning artwork prices.
- All media are welcome (painting, photography, sculpture, etc.)
- Submit up to 12 images that accurately represent your body of work.
- Do not exceed 30 seconds for Quicktime video clips.
- Images should be no smaller than 72 dpi or bigger than 300 dpi and should not exceed 10 MB per file.
- Save all files as Lastname_Firstname_Title_Dimensions. If the submission file of artwork isn't saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
Additional required documents:
- Exhibition list outlining each artwork submitted with title, medium, size, year, and price (including 25% commission)
- Resume or CV
- Artist statement
- Artist biography
- All submissions must be sent through Submittable.com. You will need to create an account with Submittable in order to submit.
- No email submissions will be accepted.
- At this time, we are accepting submissions on an ongoing basis. The ACG Exhibitions Committee will be reviewing submissions quarterly in January, April, July and October 2019 for consideration in the 2020 exhibition cycle and beyond.
- Based on the date of your submission, you can expect to hear from us in the month following the quarterly review of submissions. We appreciate your patience as we carefully and diligently consider each artist's submission.
Only complete proposals that adhere to the ACG’s submission guidelines will be considered.
As part of Albany's Black Arts and Cultural Festival, Albany Center Gallery will showcase the work of local and regional artists from within a 100-mile radius on Saturday, August 3 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. ACG will highlight visual art inspired by and celebrating black heritage and culture. From global to national to local, African American arts are sources of great influence. ACG will be presenting unique works of art during the festival. From painting and drawing to photography and sculpture, submissions of artwork inspired by black arts and culture can be submitted for consideration to ACG's open Call for Art.
- All mediums are welcome (painting, photography, sculpture, etc.)
- Artwork should present images of empowerment or be inspired/made by African American, Afro-Latina or Latina culture/artists.
- Submit up to three image samples of your work.
- Images must be saved as .jpeg or .pdf, 72 dpi, color.
- Save images as “Lastname_Firstname_Title.” If the submission file of artwork isn't saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
- Maximum artwork size is 36” x 36” due to space constraints.
- Include an exhibition list with title, medium, size, and retail price for each work.
- Back of work must be labelled with artist’s name, contact info and title of work.
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, July 24 @ 11:59 PM.
- Submission is FREE.
- All submissions must be sent through Submittable.com. You will need to create a log-in account with Submittable in order to submit.
- No email submissions will be accepted.
- ACG will add 25% commission to non-member artwork.
- ACG Members will receive the full sale price of their piece minus Credit Card processing fees.
Artwork Drop-Off/Pick-Up Information:
Drop-off date is Saturday, August 3 at NOON at the ACG booth. Drop-off location is at Empire State Plaza (exact location to be determined.) Please arrive at the drop-off location between 11:30 and Noon. Label the back of each piece with your contact information and title of artwork before arrival. All artwork must be wired and ready to hang. If it is not able to hang safely, ACG will not install the piece. Please note that there is wind and we will not take any chances. The Gallery is unable to store or mail artwork back.
Plan to pick up your work between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on August 3. If this time does not work for you, please confirm alternate arrangements to pick up your work at the time of drop off.
Please Note: If work is left behind, there will be a $5/day fee for transportation and storage. ACG is not responsible for any damage; event is rain or shine.
Please contact Jules Kotarski at 518-462-4775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application process.